Saturday 5 November 2011

The voice of our thoughts can be misleading, but that is okay if we can take a joke.
This is a painting I did last year titled 'Not as it seems' a 11 x 14 inch watercolour.
Looking at other people's lives can be disheartening, living up to other peoples expectations can be a similar experience.
Life is not what it looks like, my life is not one of my paintings.
I don't have the connection within me at the moment to be able to paint my life, with all its conflicting emotions.
How do you paint desperation, fear and at the same time hope and dreams?

At the time this was painted, I felt a deep dissatisfaction in my life, from the outside my life may have seemed ideal. But what one views is only a small piece of a life, not what is behind closed doors, shut mouths and inside our thoughts.
Life is similar in some ways now. 
Life is perfect and sinister all in one.
Life is irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment